Saturday, February 23, 2013

I'm putting this up late - but no matter, it's all awesome and so is the lady I have interviewed for this here blog post. 

She's an author, she's awesome, she loves to cook, write, and most importantly she loves to read (oh and she loves cats!).

So, here it is, the fabulous interview swap. It's time to get to know Amanda Leigh @ Girl With a Pen and a Dream



1. Why did you begin blogging?

I began blogging because I always wanted to be an author and I heard authors should try to build a strong web presence so I started this blog. It seemed only natural to blog about books and writing

2. Have you always read or did you get in to it at a certain age?


I always loved reading. I learned to fully read on my own when I was 8 and that's when reading by myself took off. Before that, I would always be asking other people (mostly my mom) to read to me.

3. What is your absolute favourite genre? 


That's a tough question. I'm not sure if I have one. Then again, I am quite partial to reading Young Adult.

4. What clichés do you LOVE in books?

Cliches? I'm not sure. Is having a love story in the book a cliche? I am sucker for a good love story. Also, for a good paranormal element.

5. Can you honestly say that you have a favourite book? If you can, what is it?


I can honestly say I have 2 favorite books lol. The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. But if you're asking me to choose 1, it would have to be The Outsiders.

6. Do you remember the first book you read?

I think that the first book I read on my own was called A Chair For My Mother. I read that towards the end of 2nd grade, I believe. It was definitely one of the first books I read.

7. What do you think about audiobooks? Are you a fan?

I do like audiobooks. I have The Outsiders and many of the Harry Potter books on C. D. and those are great. I downloaded Linger by Maggie Stiefvater on my iPod and enjoyed that too. When I was in middle school we listened to Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli while we were in the car. So yes, i do like audiobooks. :) I am a fan.

8. As an author, are you currently writing anything new?

Right now I am working on editing the first draft of what will be probably be the length of a romance novella. It's called My Heart Is Yours. I am also starting to work on a young adult paranormal romance that, very generally speaking, is about a vampire and a witch that fall in love.


So there you have it! Please, go check out Amanda and shower her with love, she's a book blogger extraordinaire and so if you want something new to read, you just found it!


Tagged: ,

1 comment:

  1. EEK! So exciting! lol I've got your interview posted as well! I posted mine late too lol. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the tone!

Beep!

Orisi's Blah Blah Blah © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...